All the results of the AKB48 4th senbatsu election has been announced, and AKB48 member Oshima Yuko 大島優子has garnered an overwhelming 108,837 votes to return as the “Center of AKB48″.
Maeda Atsuko and Oshima Yuko had enjoyed a healthy competition to be the most popular member in AKB48. In 2009, she was voted second popular and lost to Maeda Atsuko. In 2010, she was voted the most popular member of the group, and was featured in Heavy Rotation (one of the all-time popular AKB48 songs). However during the 2011, she lost first place to Atsuko Maeda once again having dropped to second place. Following Maeda Atsuko’s decision to graduate from the idol group, there has been intense discussion as to who will be the new face of AKB48.
This senbatsu results has affirmed that Oshima Yuko is indeed still one of the most popular AKB48 member.
So without further ado, here are the results for the top 16 senbatsu members, who will be gracing the covers of the next single.
- Oshima Yuko (108,837 votes)
- Watanabe Mayu (72 ,574 votes)
- Kashiwagi Yuki (71,076 votes)
- Sashihara Rino (67,339 votes)
- Shinoda Mariko (67,017 votes)
- Takahashi Minami (65,480 votes)
- Kojima Haruna (54,483 votes)
- Itano Tomomi (50,483 votes)
- Matsui Jurina (45,747 votes)
- Matsui Rena (42,030 votes)
- Miyazawa Sae (40,261 votes)
- Kasai Tomomi (27,005 votes)
- Kitahara Rie (26,531 votes)
- Minegishi Minami (26,038 votes)
- Yokoyama Yui (25,541 votes)
- Umeda Ayaka (24,522 votes)